Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's been a while! Rag wreath!

We've been busy over at compassionfortheorphan.blogspot.com! We are adopting a baby from Ethiopia and have been busy fund raising! So hop over to that blog and check out the really cool things you can buy from us to help support our adoption!

Here's a project I have seen various places and finally decided to try out! I needed something for fall and we don't have any extra money to buy one. So I dug through my fabric stash and found this leftover "country" fabric!
It's a Rag Wreath!
Here's what you do to make it!
  1. Fabric, about a 1/2 yard (designs are best, or multiple colors)
  2. I cut strips about 3-5 inches long and 1/8-3/4 of an inch wide, I wanted it to look shabby. If you want a more uniform fluff you'll need to trim them all to the same length. I just cut as many as I thought looked good. You can be the judge of how many strips you'll need! 
  3. A wire coat hanger formed to the shape you want. I bend the hook down into a loop too.
  4. Time and patience!



 You'll want to tie about 1/4 of them on and then disperse longer/shorter strips where needed if your strips are not all the same length.
See how jagged the edge of my fabric was? That's from having all kinds of sizes and shapes of strips.

There ya have it! Happy DIY!


No comments:

Post a Comment